Lately, we’ve been going to Texas Roadhouse on our way to our weekend summer concerts for one reason: their bread. So I thought I’d make a list of the best chain restaurant bread baskets that I personally like.
- Texas Roadhouse rolls. The rolls themselves are coated with honey and served warm, with cinnamon butter on the side which makes its taste reminiscent of cinnabons.
- Noches De Colombia’s Pan De Bono. Not very sure if Noches belongs in this category since I am not necessarily sure if it’s a chain, but this place in Englewood, NJ serves a crunchy cheesy bread called pan de bono. It’s not free, but it’s so good that it’s a best seller — customers even order some to go.
- Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Cheesy, garlicky, herby, warm and addictive, we always end up asking for much more than we should of these whenever we are at a Red Lobster.
- Outback Steakhouse’s bread. The combination of this honey wheat bread and the light butter almost always fills me up even before my meal comes at Outback. Of course, maybe the fact that we always ask for more than one has something to do with this as well.
- Cheesecake Factory’s bread basket. The Cheesecake Factory serves a bread basket that has an assortment of different types. My personal favorite is the dark bread with nuts. The contrast in texture along with the sweetness makes it a good start to the meal.
How about you, what’s on your list?